Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Best Ever Banana Muffins - And Healthy, Too!

If you have some of those nasty {looking} {smelling} {tasting} overripe bananas lying around (or some of those even nastier {looking} frozen bananas (I usually pop them in the freezer - peel and all - when they arrive at the aforementioned state and I don't have time to whip up some of these delectable babies), this is the recipe for you.

My family loves them.  

The initial recipe was full of all kinds of white flour, white sugar, and BUTTER (but still oh-so-yummy), so I have modified it a bit to make them Breakfast I'm-a-good-mom-for-feeding-my-family-so-healthy worthy. The great thing is, my family doesn't even notice (until I point it out to them that I am such a good mom for feeding them so healthy).


BEST EVER BANANA MUFFINS

6 lg. bananas
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup Splenda (or other sugar substitute)
2 eggs
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup coconut oil, liquified (zap for a few seconds in the micro)

Mash bananas.  Add sugar(s) and slightly beaten eggs.  Add the coconut oil.  Add the dry ingredients.  Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.  Adjust your temp (350) and time (15-20 mins) if using dark pans.  {Smiley face} Makes 2 dozen. (I always make this large of a batch, since these muffins are great to freeze and pull out on a busy day.  If you only want a dozen muffins, by all means, halve the recipe.)


Yum-o.

No comments:

Post a Comment