Saturday, July 11, 2015

Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix


I cannot tell a lie. This is not my original recipe (original found here), but I'm tired of going to Pinterest, scrolling through my saved recipes to find this one, then following the link for the dressing. So I'm posting it, giving full credit to it's originator.

I love this mix. It's easy to make with ingredients on hand, and stores well. I use it in place of any recipe calling for Ranch dressing mix. I think it's far more flavorful than the old stand-bys (which will remain nameless), and a lot less expensive!


 Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix

2 Tbs. black pepper
2 Tbs. dry minced garlic (I use garlic powder or granulated garlic)
2 Tbs. dry minced onion
2 Tbs. garlic salt
2 Tbs. onion salt (I use onion powder - you may need to adjust salt to taste)
6 Tbs. dried parsley flakes

Mix ingredients together in a pint (or even half-pint) mason jar or ziplock baggie. Makes enough for up to 12 batches of dressing.



Ranch Dressing

1 to 2 Tbs. dry Ranch Dressing Mix
1 cup mayonnaise (regular, not light - definitely NO Miracle Whip)
1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
3/4 cup buttermilk

Whisk together and serve with salad of your choice. This keeps for a couple weeks in the refrigerator. If you need less dressing and don't like to store it (I need less these days with only one baby bear left at home), cut the recipe in half.

Note: you can use all buttermilk instead of adding the sour cream, but the dressing will be runnier.

No comments:

Post a Comment