Sunday, September 4, 2016

Judy's {Flourless} Monster Cookies

I have made several attempts at monster cookies in the past. My daughter had a friend in high school whose mom always made them, and she LOVED them. I kept telling her I needed the recipe, because anytime I would attempt a recipe found elsewhere, they just weren't as good. I never, however, actually got her friend's mom's recipe, so I pretty much gave up on monster cookies in general.

I was visiting that same daughter not too long ago, and she had some monster cookies sitting on her kitchen counter. Yum. They were soooooo good. She told me it was her mother-in-law's recipe, included in a book of recipes she gave Britt for her wedding. I asked to look at it, and started snapping phone pics of some of the recipes. The thing I noticed about this particular monster cookie recipe in comparison to the earlier recipes I had tried: no flour. I seriously questioned if they would actually turn out.

Yep, they did. This recipe is definitely worth keeping... and sharing!



JUDY'S {FLOURLESS} MONSTER COOKIES

3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 + 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 tsp. maple syrup
1 + 1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
4 + 1/2 cups oatmeal (regular old fashioned)
1 pkg. chocolate chips
1 bag M&M's

Cream together sugars and butter, then mix in eggs and maple syrup. Add peanut butter, then mix in baking soda and oatmeal. Add chocolate chips and M&M's.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.


Notes: Britt's tip ~ use peanut butter M&M's. I also like to add in various types of chips (peanut butter, white, etc), so I typically will add half a bag of 4 different types of chips and M&M's. I also just mix everything in my KitchenAid stand mixer with the cookie dough attachment... easy peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment